Enjoying the things I don't actually do.

07 February 2013

Credible.

{To be persuasive we must be believable; to be believable we must be credible; credible we must be truthful.  -Edward R. Murrow}

Part of my problem with the search for a hobby is sticking to it. No, that really is the problem. I'm just realizing this, so pardon me of my ramblings make you feel like my therapist.

It goes back so far! I could list soooo many things I was all "into" and then... Just.... Stopped. It's like I just start to get good at something and quit it all together. we could go all Psych 101 here but I'll spare us both.

This is certainly true in my career-life as well. I guess really the only thing I am completely committed to is my family. And a good thing, too!

No matter what I get bored with, get over, turn away from... There they are. My Mom always rooting me on, my husband always supporting me with a quiet and genuine desire to see me happy and using my creativity. My kids looking up to me.. Watching me and learning. That last bit kinda scares the bit outta me but I think any coherent momma would feel that way.

What I take from this is the desire to encourage the kids to really invest yourself. Give yourself over to a process and allow it into your heart.... That will commit you.



No comments:

Post a Comment