Enjoying the things I don't actually do.

14 July 2010

Blue.

On Wednesday mornings the two oldest kids go to Preschool for a few hours.

I take the morning to spend with the baby, my Baby Blue. I call it Blue Wednesday.

We walk. Meander. Wander. It's usually very quiet, as she spends most of these times napping. She eventually wakes hungry, so it's nursing time. I've usually prepared for this part of our morning by procuring a tasty snack and finding a comfy spot to sit. I often just sit in the car and listed to the radio.

I've decided to be very deliberate about spending this time with Baby Blue; she's the third baby, the youngest and the smallest. But no less wonderful, intriguing, and darling. I want to get to know her. I want her to know me. I like to stare into her eyes, wondering what she's trying to tell me.




























This week, on Blue Wednesday we enjoyed the summer. Watched the sun moving through the trees. She loves to be outside. She loves to watch kids play. She's wonderful.















We played, rested and I sincerely relished the fleeting moments with her.



2 comments:

  1. Soo beautiful! And this must be so important for Esme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post! I have a picture on my refrigerator that is very similar to the tree photo you've posted. Sunlight through the trees is so beautiful and peaceful--so sweet that you can share it with your daughter.

    ReplyDelete