Enjoying the things I don't actually do.

14 July 2010

Hobby.

This blog started in the light of a hobby. Wanting to write as my hobby, but having too many reasons why I don't.

Hobby. Let's just ponder it. hobby.

Wikipedia:
A hobby is an activity or interest that is undertaken for pleasure or relaxation, often in one's spare time.
Okay, well, I have issue with that. I have no spare time. Spare indicates it's extra, right- as in, unused, unfilled, left-over.
And relaxation. What's that all about? Isn't that my 10 minute shower every day, or at least every other day??

Moving on.

Princeton: (those cats know what they're talking about, right?)
avocation: an auxiliary activity
I like the use of "auxiliary" I can kind of accept that more than" spare time". I can see making use of this definition by way of having a hobby. An auxiliary activity can be anything, really. Flossing my teeth is auxiliary some days.


This is cool:
Wikipedia
also tells me a Hobby is a type of falcon that swoops around snatching up smaller birds.
That's the kind of Hobby I want to hang out with! Don't want to get in a tangle with that bad Hobby, one might say.




















And of course let's not forget the faceless, frumpy Fraulein of my youth,


















Holly Hobby. I love a great pair of boots, Holly, but at some point you have to say goodbye. Maybe this Hobby isn't for me.

I'll keep looking for the spare time and auxiliary such and such. There's a guidebook to help me along the way.


















I'm also taking suggestions - lay it on me.

1 comment:

  1. I think perhaps you've found one with this blog--I love it! great writing & great visuals...

    ReplyDelete