Enjoying the things I don't actually do.

29 August 2010

Breath.

{ I've been away from the computer for awhile, and here's why.}

I recently had an epiphany. (no not that other one, a new one.) I realized:  I have had a desire to make some sort of impact on the world- with my opinions, my words, my designs, my work.

Alas, a breath.... Now I don't feel the need to do that. I just want to make a difference in their lives.

I have enjoyed some light summer reading which ended up hitting me harder than I realized, and maybe harder than it would have most other people.

One book I read (and for the first time) was The Outsiders, and I still don't know how I'm 32 3/4 years old and just now read it. I read it blindingly quick and cried and cried. I love that book, and I love those boys.















As in any [good] book there are moments so touching and real ... I lost sleep and my imagination was so engrossed with the lives of the Curtis boys, I had the euphoric sense of my reality and their fictional world merging.

That's just what a good book does, ya know?

So I realized, I was so interested in the lives of those three boys... and I have my own set of three pair of eyes watching my every move.


Hanging on my every word. 


Waiting to laugh with me.


Waiting to be involved.
Waiting to learn.


What better job is there?

No comments:

Post a Comment